Live Competition Show on Zoom
June 26th 7-9 pm (EDT)
Please RSVP below to watch the live show.
Applications now closed.
Please RSVP to this event below and choose to receive emails in order to receive the Zoom links for this event.
Applicants will submit a pre-recorded video performance of their original song based on the theme, “At the Confluence of Rivers, People’s and Their Stories”, along with the submission form due June 16th, 2021.
10 contestants will be chosen and contacted to confirm they will be a part of the “Tributary to the Rivers” Songwriting Competition. The Songwriting Competition will be held on Zoom on June 26th, 2021 from 7-9 pm EDT. The Songwriting Competition will air the pre-recorded videos on the Zoom show where the judges will judge the songs based on the criteria outlined in the official rules (see below). Titles will be given to the First Place, Second Place, Third Place and People's Choice on the live Zoom show.
1. Applicants must submit a video of themselves performing an original song related to the theme, "At the Confluence of Rivers, Peoples and Their Stories".
2. Limit the video of the song to less than 4.5 minutes.
3. Submit by completing the submission form by June 16th, 2021.
4. Applicants will be advised by June 19th, 2021 if they have been selected to perform.
5. Applicants must be available to attend the “Tributary to the Rivers” Songwriting Competition Show on June 26th, 2021 from 7-9 pm EDT.
6. Up to 10 selected candidates will perform at the 2Rivers Festival event “Tributary to the Rivers” Songwriting Competition.
7. Criteria for judging songs:
1. Relation to the theme
8. Prizes (to be announced) will be awarded to the winners on the day of the competition. Winners will be decided by the judges (determined by the Wellington Water Watchers) based on the criteria listed above.
9. Entry constitutes permission to use performer’s name, likeness and voice for publicity and advertising without additional compensation as Wellington Water Watchers and 2Rivers Festival see fit.
10. 2Rivers Festival reserves the right to upload all performances online.
11. If selected, an affidavit of eligibility/recording rights/publicity release: The affidavit will state that the winner's song is original work and he/she holds all rights to the song. Failure to sign and return such affidavit within 14 days or provision of false/inaccurate information therein will result in immediate disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Affidavits for winners under 18 years of age at the time of award must be countersigned by a parent or legal guardian.